Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Fatness

For any of you who know me personally also know that I am fat. Yes, yes I am. I guess I always have been to some extent, although popping out 3 kids didn't help any. But that is merely an excuse. I could also blame my rich Hungarian and Croatian genes or the fact that I like beer - yummy, delicious, dark ales. Oh and let's not forget my near fetish with bacon and glorious raspberry truffle cupcakes - served together of course with a venti cup of chicory coffee. And although I hate the fact that most plus size clothes look like something a fat Iowa farm wife would wear (trust me, I know for a fact as I hail from Iowa), I am generally okay with myself. I am happily married and we have a great sex life. I am an active outdoorsman and absolutely love camping, hiking, canoeing, swimming, kayaking, leisure nature walks, and generally anything outdoors. I love to cook and have a big man husband who loves to eat my food with me and, incidentally, hates being referred to as fat because fat does not make the person. Which brings me to my point: society makes me feel bad about my body size not my fat. My fat is just that. It doesn't make me feel anything in particular at all. We can't all be a size zero and look like little boys. Some of us are meant to have curves! We are meant to have hips and breasts. We are meant to have supple thighs and be soft to touch. And men, it was not very long ago when a large man was a sign of his wealth, health, and happiness. So my fat and not so fat friends, be free! Break free of the societal standards of what beauty and happiness is and for all you ubber skinny people out there - seriously, go have some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment